Tuesday 14 October 2014

The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner


Last year for my AS English Literature, I studied Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner. The book itself is fascinating and tells the story of Amir Agha's life and how he became who he is in such a beautiful way. So this summer when I found out the production of it would be coming to Nottingham Playhouse I booked my tickets and went to see it. I was unsure of what to expect and worried I wouldn't enjoy it as much because I had to analyse the life out of it in English. But I can honestly say it is by far the best performance I have seen at Nottingham's Playhouse (and believe me I have seen many amazing plays there).  Andrei Costin as Hassan and Ben Turner as Amir were incredible. Their characterisation was so beautiful as they highlighted every detail mentioned about both characters in the book. Andrei Costin's performance as Hassan was truly captivating, he captured Hassan's personality and character perfectly, making him so innocent and enticing the audience into being able to feel nothing other than love and compassion for him.

The staging was incredible, and the kites they used really set the scene and made it all become so real. I am so glad I had the chance to go and see The Kite Runner for myself and if it is touring anywhere near you then don't hesitate to go and see it as it is a truly powerful performance that is quite thought provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment